Account managers must lead their clients, not merely service them. This session — one of our most requested workshops — helps account managers and other client-facing specialists spend their time most effectively and productively as account leaders and to embrace this role — to show them how to be true marketing partners with clients.
What You Will Learn
- The difference between “servicing” an account and leading it
- What senior management expects of account leaders
- How to earn credibility and trust with clients
- Recognizing and adapting individual communication styles to be a better communicator
- How to orchestrate productive meetings/conference calls
- How to write a Client Leadership Plan for stronger relationships and organic account growth
- How to become a strategic consultant to your clients
- This half-day workshop is designed to be highly participatory, with frequent individual and group exercises conducted throughout the session. We can customize the content to your specific needs based on your agency’s business model and clients. If appropriate, we can also blend in modules from our other workshops to provide deeper learning in such areas as strategic thinking and financial stewardship.
- The Client Leadership workshop is designed for account managers and other client-facing specialists with up to five years experience, although we often conduct it with more seasoned staff who could benefit from a refresher.
Want To Learn More / Purchase This Workshop?
- If you’re interested in purchasing this workshop for your agency, please complete this request form and someone from the 4A’s Learning & Development Team will schedule an intro call to discuss your needs and confirm pricing.
Note about pricing: No out-of-pocket expenses (such as meals, travel, hotel, printed materials, facility space if required, etc.) are included in the workshop fee. Those costs will be billed by the facilitator to agency separately.
About Gary Duke
Gary Duke is Partner & Chief Talent Officer at Wild Blue Yonder, where he designs and leads training programs for creative companies looking to enhance the leadership, creative thinking, and strategic and communication skills of their employees. He applies more than 25 years of ad agency and client-side experience to every training session, infusing learning theory with practical real-world knowledge. Gary works with many of the industry’s top global agencies — including Havas Worldwide, JWT, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy, Publicis, Razorfish and Y&R — as well as some of the world’s leading consumer brands.